Approximately the first ten days of your sign is the first decan, approximately the second ten days of your sign is the second decan, and approximately the third ten days is the third decan. Each decan has a unique footprint, so to speak. … Your planetary sub-ruler is going to be your sign’s ruler.”
What do decans in astrology mean?
In astrology, a decan is the subdivision of a sign. … Each sign is allocated a triplicity, consisting of three of the four classical elements air, water, earth or fire, and is therefore subdivided into three equal parts of 10 degrees each; these parts are referred to as decans or decanates.
Do decans matter in astrology?
Decans are a nifty way of breaking down the qualities of each individual sign by separating each one into thirds of ten degrees each. Every sign will have three Decans and each Decan has a planetary ruler which becomes the co ruler of that particular sign.
What does decan stand for?
Definition of decan
: any of the three divisions of 10 degrees in each sign of the zodiac also : the ruler of such a division.
What are the 36 decans?
The decans (/ˈdɛkənz/; Egyptian bꜣktw or baktiu, “[those] connected with work”) are 36 groups of stars (small constellations) used in the ancient Egyptian astronomy to conveniently divide the 360 degree ecliptic into 36 parts of 10 degrees each, both for theurgical and helialical horological purposes.
What are the three decans of Capricorn?
The Three Decans of Capricorn: Which One Are You?
- The First Decan of Capricorn (December 21-December 31) …
- The Second Decan of Capricorn (December 31- January 10) …
- The Third Decan of Capricorn (January 10- January 20)
Do decans exist?
You are correct. Each zodiac sign is divided into 3 10 degree subsections called decanates or decans. Aries is primarily ruled by mars though the 3 decanates are subruled by mars, sun and jupiter.
Do decans only apply to sun signs?
Decans mostly apply to sun signs, but they do influence to a lesser extent the rest of the planets in a natal chart. If you wish to interpret, say, your moon’s decan, simply look at the degree and translate the appropriate description below into moon territory – emotions, instincts, and needs.
What are the decans of Leo?
The Three Decans of Leo: Which One Are You?
- The First Decan of Leo (July 22–August 1) Beginning at 0° Leo (around July 22) and spanning the next ten degrees is a decan associated with Saturn, the god of limits and boundaries. …
- The Second Decan of Leo (August 2–11) …
- The Third Decan of Leo (August 12–22)
What are the decans of Sagittarius?
The Three Decans of Sagittarius: Which One Are You?
- The First Decan of Sagittarius (November 22—December 1) …
- The Second Decan of Sagittarius (December 1—December 11) …
- The Third Decan of Sagittarius (December 11—December 21)
Which signs rule which degrees?
Here are the critical degrees for the signs at a glance:
- Cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn): 0, 13, and 26 degrees.
- Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius): 8-9 and 21-22 degrees.
- Mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces): 4 and 17 degrees.
How do I find my decan?
Your decan depends on where your birthday falls within that 30-degree spread. Approximately the first ten days of your sign is the first decan, approximately the second ten days of your sign is the second decan, and approximately the third ten days is the third decan. Each decan has a unique footprint, so to speak.
What are Egyptian decans?
The decans were thirty-‐‑six individual stars or small constellations that rose and set at different times of the year, acting as a means of telling time throughout the night for the ancient Egyptians. … Three decans were assigned to each of the twelve zodiacal signs.
What are the three decans of Virgo?
The Three Decans of Virgo: Which One Are You?
- The First Decan of Virgo (August 23–September 1) …
- The Second Decan of Virgo (September 2–September 11) …
- The Third Decan of Virgo (September 12–22)